The New European Bauhaus Prizes 2023 are open to applications from the EU Members States.
The Prizes will award up to EUR 30 000 for exemplary initiatives linking sustainability, aesthetics and inclusiveness - the three complementary values of the New European Bauhaus.
What are the Prizes about?
The Prizes recognise and reward existing projects and young people’s concepts, which demonstrate that the sustainable solutions promoted by the European Green Deal can also be inclusive and beautiful, bringing high-quality experiences to people's everyday lives.
The Prizes will be awarded in four thematic categories (for detailed descriptions, see the Guide to Applicants):
- Reconnecting with nature
- Regaining a sense of belonging
- Prioritising the places and people that need it the most
- The need for long-term, life-cycle thinking in the industrial ecosystem.
There will be 15 prizes in total. The jury will select 12 winners (one winner for each category in each strand). Three winners will be selected through an open public voting (one winner per strand).
All winners will receive a monetary prize:
- EUR 30,000 for winners of the New European Bauhaus Champions (Strand A) and New European Bauhaus Education Champions (Strand C),
- EUR 15,000 for winners of the New European Bauhaus Rising Stars (Strand B).
All finalists will be invited to Brussels to participate in the award ceremony, and will benefit from a communication package provided by the Commission in order to support the promotion of their project.
The deadline for submission is: 31 January 2023 at 20:00 Cyprus time.
- Publication date
- 16 January 2023
- Representation in Cyprus